Pre-shampoo products are applied to dry hair anywhere from half an hour to a full day before washing, and typically consists of one or more hydrating natural oils also commonly found in skincare such as coconut oil, mineral oil, argan oil, avocado oil. and of course Olive Oil.
A pre-shampoo treatment adds oil back into your hair, so that the extra oil reduces the amount of water your hair soaks up during washing. This process reduces something called “Hydral Fatigue”. Hygral fatigue occurs when the hair swells from repeated and excessive swelling and deswelling of the hair cuticle when it takes on wate.
SIGNS OF HYGRAL FATIGUE:
- hair will have a gummy feeling when wet
- may have low elasticity (it has difficulty stretching when wet and/or does not spring back after pulling)
- excessive frizzing, hair is not retaining moisture and feels porous
- curls do not curl
- no weight
- over conditioned
- in severe cases- breakage
Pre-shampoo oil treatments can help this condition, especially if used with a protein rich conditioner.
At Olivella we have developed a multifunctional moisturizer oil that can help with dry hair. The Pre-Shampoo Oil Treatment is very simple:
– Use 5/6 Drops of Olivella Moisturizer Oil
– 1 spoon of Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil ” O”
– 1/2 Spoon of Olivella Olive Conditioner
Let it sit for at least 15 min and wash with Olivella Olive Shampoo.